Warner "Row" (what's left of it)
Warner elevator is a row of historic wood-cribbed grain elevators with Three elevators all standing in a row from south to north, alongside the Canadian Pacific Railway, that travels from Great Falls, Montana to Lethbridge, Alberta, on the east entrance of the village of Warner, Alberta,
The elevators built at Warner date from 1913 to 1960. The row included an early example of the Alberta Farmers' Co-operative Elevator company design, and an example of several different complex component arrangements; elevator and twin, elevator and annexes of several types, original type offices and replacement offices. The row has a total of two complexes, with a total of three elevators. The elevator built by Ellison Milling and Elevator Co. in 1939 is an architecturally significant example of a 1940s complex that has undergone almost no change, comprising an elevator, two balloon annexes, and a track side office/warehouse, usually associated with an earlier period.
(North end of the row)
United Grain Growers elevator built 1960. 134,000 imperial bushels (4,900 m3).
This elevator and accompanying annex was built 1957–1960. It was UGG's second elevator at Warner, the first having been sold to Alberta Pool Elevators in 1928. It was licensed for 134,000 imperial bushels (4,900 m3) in 1960. The elevator has had substantial upgrading in the late 1980s, including the installation of a new leg that has required heightening part of the cupola roof. The metal bin annexes on the south side, complete with drag auger, also date from this time. A cyclone dust collector and truck loading spout have also been installed. A roofed warehouse located track-side on the north side of the elevator, was most likely built at the same time as the elevator
Far South end of the Warner "Row"
This 45,000-imperial-bushel (1,600 m3) elevator was built in 1918 by Alberta Pacific Grain Co. It replaced a pre 1911 Alberta Pacific Elevator Co. It may have had an annex as it was licensed in 1918 for 60,000 imperial bushels (2,200 m3) and for only 45,000 imperial bushels (1,600 m3) in 1922. In 1953 a 23,000-imperial-bushel (840 m3) annex was attached to the north side of the elevator. A second annex was added in 1959. In 1967 the elevator was taken over by Federal Grain Ltd. The next year Federal built a new elevator and twinned it with the 1918 elevator. The 1959 annex was then moved to the south side of the new elevator. A driveway was built the length of both elevators at this time. The 1953 annex was removed in 1997. In 1972 the complex was sold to Alberta Wheat Pool; in the summer of 1997 it served as AWP No. 4 house.