Former Hull & Barnsley Railway 4-4-0 no. 2428 - its final LNER number - s seen here at Hull, Botanic Gardens mpd on 21/6/1931. 2428 was a Matthew Stirling design dating from 1910 and built by Kitson. The class was originally designated as 'J' but later as 'D24' and all five of the class were withdrawn in the period 1934 - 1936.
[Mike Morant collection]
Recent uploads (E)