Bradleys Head, Mosman, Sydney, NSW, Australia
Bradleys Head (named 28 Jan 1788 by Captain John Hunter for HMS Sirius' Lt William Bradley, who assisted him in a survey of the harbour) in Sydney Harbour National Park - a 392-hectare public reserve comprising various parts of Sydney Harbour's foreshores and islands.
The park was created in stages, beginning in 1975.
This particular structure is a sandstone wharf, built at same time as the first battery (1840 - 1842) under the supervision of Commanding Royal Engineer Major George Barney. Used to transport supplies and equipment from Sydney Cove to the site.
AustraliaBradleys HeadGeorge BarneyMosmanNSWSydneySydney HarbourSydney Harbour National ParkWilliam BradleywharfScott Andrew Bird, from
George Barney [Engineer]