Fire at Friendly's restaurant in Medford Friday, August 1, 2014. Employees at the Friendly's restaurant in the Sunshine Square shopping mall called 9-1-1 at approx. 8:15 a.m. to report they had a fire, possibly caused by cooking oil, in their establishment on Sills Road (County Road 101/E. Patchogue-Yaphank Road). Upon fire dept. arrival, firefighters found the fire was located in the kitchen area with fire in the cockloft (attic space) of the commercial occupancy, with flames visible, at times, through the roof. Units from the Medford F.D. and Yaphank F.D. responded to the scene as well as SCPD and the fire marshals office. No injuries were reported at this time.
120148815 a.m.AugustFriendly'sLambuiMedfordPeopleSills RoadSummerSunshineatticcockloftcommercialdepartmentdept.firefirefighterfirstmalloccupancyplazarestarauntrestrauntsquareyaphankfire departmentpolicefiremanfiremenrescuestructure firecaptainchieflieutenantemergencyemsemtparamedicmedicambulancefirst aidfirst respondersecuritywagonbusaxehalliganengineladderpumpertruckflameheroherosheroesbravestpike poleextinguisherworker3513marshalhookhursttooljaws of lifefire truckrescuerheavy rescuepin jobcollapseconfined spacehigh anglehazmatLong IslandNew YorkNYLIL.I.Suffolk CountyLIHotShots, from