Starlight Xpress Superstar (Mono CCD) Autoguider with Teleskop-Services OAG9 - 9mm Off-Axis Guider and Canon 40D DSLR
Starlight Xpress Superstar (Mono CCD) Autoguider with Teleskop-Service OAG9 - 9mm Off-Axis Guider and Canon 40D DSLR with Hotech SCA Field Flattener - 31/3/2013
Assembled Off Axis Guider components at the telescope, assembled from bottom to top:
- Canon EOS 40D DSLR (flange distance 44mm to image plane)
- T2-EOSs - adds minimal length (~1mm) for Canon EOS DSLR connection
- Homemade ~0.4mm spacer from a business card. compresses to ~0.3mm in train.
- TSOAG9-T2 - T2 adapter for TSOAG9 Off Axis Guider (M42 and M48 variants also exist)
- TSOAG9 - 9mm Off Axis Guider (11.2mm if using M48 telescope receptical as is the case here)
- Starlight Xpress Superstar (Mono) CCD Auto guider with T2-Cs T2 to C adapter
- TST2-M48s M48(M) to T2(F) adaptor - zero profile (if T2 thread is 2.5mm or more as it is 2.5mm long)
- Hotech SCA 2" Field Flattener T2(M) back and has 55mm optimal back focus to imaging plane. Actual length of this configuration is ~57mm due to its ~4mm long T2 thread.
Note: T2-EOSs + TSOAG9-T2 + TSOAG9 can be purchased as a bundle as TSOAG9EOS
EquipmentAuto GuiderEquipmentOff Axis GuiderEquipmentCameraEquipmentDSLREquipmentCanon 40DEquipmentAdapterEquipmentTAdapterEquipmentCAdapterEquipmentField FlattenerEquipmentMountEquipmentSkywatcher NEQ6EquipmentApogee 80EquipmentTelescopeEquipmentGuide ScopeEquipmentOrion ShortTube 80Geoff Scott, from