Wise County Courthouse in B&W
Black and white film-look rendering. The Wise County Courthouse is another of 12 still-existing Texas courthouses designed by architect James Riely (pronounced “Riley) Gordon, who worked from San Antonio, then Dallas, and finally New York. This building was finished in 1896. The exterior was constructed of pink granite from Burnet County, Texas. The interior used Vermont marble. Like most of Gordon’s designs, this one was bold on a grand scale and expensive by the standards of the day. The county issued bonds of $110,000, and Gordon got 5% of the construction costs. Cotton prices were good and cotton crops were plentiful during this period, but the building was still controversial among the taxpayer voters. As happened in the case of some other Gordon courthouse projects, the voters defeated the county commissioners supporting the new courthouse in the next election. But for more than a century this building has served as the seat of county government and justice and has been a major tourist attraction for the city of Decatur. It is recognized by the Texas Historical Commission and the National Register of Historic Places. Raw development in DxO PhotoLab with lens correction in DxO ViewPoint 3. Post processing in Affinity Photo 1.6 and ON1 Photo RAW 2018.1 (Black & White: Automagic).
Affinity PhotoarchitectarchitectureAutomagicBlack WhiteBuildingCameracourthouseDxO PhotoLabDxO ViewPointEffectfilm lookJames Riely GordonLensM.Zuiko 12100mm f4.0 PROm43MFTmicro four thirdsmirrorlessmonochromemonotoneNational Register of Historic PlacesNorth AmericaOlympus PENFON1 Photo RAWON1 Photo RAW 2018PEN Cameraphoto borderphoto edgephoto framepost processingpresetProcessing SoftwarerawStyleTexasTexas CountiesTypeUnited States of AmericaWise CountyWise County CourthouseZoom Lensoldradioguy, from
Wise County Courthouse