September 2012, Capitol Reef National Park, Utah
The historic Fruita Schoolhouse was built by Mormon Settlers in 1896. The little one-room building served as the learning center for grades 1 - 8. In the earliest years the school was only open during the winter months, thereby allowing the children to help with farming chores the remainder of the year. In 1973 the structure was added to the U.S. National Register of Historic Places.