Crowds gather for the annual Saint Partrick's day parade, the teenagers across the road getting a bird's-eye view from a very steep makeshift wall, the remains of a demolished building.
Just behind them is the Jacob's Biscuit Factory a huge structure located in Bishop Street since 1853. The historic building was used as a garrison in the 1916 Easter Rising controlled by the 2nd Battalion between the 24th and 30th April. Jacobs moved from the inner city to Tallaght in 1976, the premises lay abandoned for more than ten years, destroyed by a fire in 1987.
March 1983 Aungier Street