Tillamook Rock Lighthouse. Construction began in 1879 and was completed after 575 days of construction and was lit the first time January 21, 1881.
It was nicknamed Terrible Tilly operated for 77 years and was decommissioned in 1957. In 1980 in became a columbarium, but the license was revoked in 1999 for poor record keeping and improper urn shortage. There are still 30 urns with cremains kept there. It is accessible only by helicopter.
oceanstormylighthousesimply kmc photos, from
late winter on the coast