HISTORIC "WOODWORTH CHAPEL"
"Erected in 1901, Woodworth Chapel is the center of religious life for Tougaloo College and the surrounding neighborhood. It was named in honor of Dr. Frank G. Woodworth who served as Tougaloo College president from 1887 to 1912. Throughout his twenty-five years of service to the college along with his duties as president he also served as the college's chaplain. Much of the prosperity and character of the college is owed to his guidance and influence. In his mind and heart, religion stood as the center of all true education." ~ Reprinted text from here:
Also, Beverly Wade Hogan, a graduate of Tougaloo College, has served as President since May 2002. She is the first woman and the 13th president to lead this historic institution. Her photo is here:
500 West County Line Road
Tougaloo, MS 39174
Touglaloo's official website: https://www.tougaloo.edu
Woodworth Chapel's official website:
Tougaloo CollegecollegeHistoric Tougaloo Collegehigher educationeducationinstitution of higher learningTougalooMississippiMS Jacksonsummercollege campus tourphoto taken with an LG G3 cell phonehistoryhistoricGod's Child, from