23 Mar 17 Last Thursday I shared with you a lily that I had manipulated some to look like it had been printed on metal, or so that's how I saw it. Some of you including Jan saw it differently, but in each case everyone saw it as being printed on some sort of supportive substrate. I thought I'd try doing another image in a similar fashion but this time with a bit more color and flourish, although not as bright. If you prefer the brightness of the image I shared last week it is easy enough to brighten this to a similar level which will give it a substantially different look. This is obviously a bleeding heart and it lives on the side of our abode. The location is a bit shady, shade being something this delicate plant likes, so I had to illuminate it some with fill flash to get the look I wanted even thought the aperture was f / 4, chosen to get a soft background and some nice bokeh. In the original the bokeh looks great, and I accomplished just what I set out to do, but in this creative version it didn't work well so I've removed most of it. One of the things I really like about these kinds of creative conversions is the colors that the software finds in the object that my eyes don't see. They aren't true to the colors displayed by the object, but I believe they are directly correlated to some color that is naturally there but obscured by the colors we do see. For any of you who might want to compare the "original" with this creative version let me know and I'll send you the "straight" shot. Considering the shape of the flower, I probably should have shared this on Valentine's Day.
The original was selectively given just a small amount of contrast enhancement, then had the color etching filter in Topaz Glow 2 applied. Nikon D300s; 105mm macro; Aperture Priority; ISO 200; 1/60 sec @ f / 4 with fill flash.
Daily Image - Mar 2017