Saint Andrew's Episcopal Church Mount Holly, NJ
After the American Revolution, Church of England congregations in the newly independent States reorganized themselves as a new church—free from the King of England and from oversight by English bishops. The new church took the name “Episcopal” to emphasize the historic ministry of bishops, priests and deacons.
Saint Andrew’s Episcopal Church is a colonial parish, one of several in the Diocese of New Jersey. It was founded by the Society for the Propagation of the Gospel in 1742, as a mission church of St. Mary’s, Burlington; and received its Royal Charter from King George III in 1765. The present structure was erected on High Street in 1844.
St.StephensDaniel Beards, from