This is a beautiful full colour photograph is presented by Josephine Caruana of Jo.C.Photography.
The first Pyrmont Bridge was opened on 17 March 1858, and was a wooden pile bridge with a iron centre swing span. This bridge was demolished around the time new Pyrmont Bridge was opened in 1902.
The foundation stone for the new bridge was laid on 6 December 1899 by the Hon. E. W. O'Sullivan and the bridge was opened for traffic on 28 June 1902 by the Governor of New South Wales, His Excellency Sir Harry Holdsworth Rawson KGB.