A Cardinal Approaches
Cardinals, in the family Cardinalidae, are passerine birds found in North and South America. They are robust, seed-eating birds with strong bills. The family ranges in size from the 4.7-in, 40-oz and up.
Also called the redbird, they are prevalent throughout the United States. The male is a bright red, the female just as beautiful but more dun-colored to more camouflage in the nest. Art filters have been added in post-processing to achieve the effect seen in this photograph.
1. Placed 3d Best Shot contest Popular Photographer magazine, 5/15
2. Photo of the Week BytePhoto.com, 8/15
3. Photo of the Day, Imaging Resources.com, 8/3/15
4. Won Olympus Corporation's contest - all-expense paid photo workshop with 5. First Light Workshop and Jay Dickman 8/20/15
6. Photo of the Month for Animals/Wildlife, BytePhoto.com, 8/15
7. Won Photo of the Month and First Prize. Imaging-Resource.com, 8/15
Featured in EIGHT FineArtAmerica.com groups:
1. Lady Photographers and Artists, 8/16
2. Beauty In Art, 6/16
3. A Birding Group - Wings!, 7/16
4. Clear Bird Photography group, 7/16
5. 200 Club, 8/16
6. 500 Views Shares Group, 8/16
7. FAA Portraits - Birds!, 9/16
8. The World We See, 9/16
Copyright Notice: All images on this web site are protected by the U.S. and international copyright laws, all rights reserved. The images may not be copied, reproduced, manipulated or used in any way, without written permission of Kay Brewer, Artist, and Kay Brewer Photographs, a licensed business. Any unauthorized usage will be prosecuted to the full extent of U.S. Copyright Law.
cardinal, redbird, female cardinal, bird, nature, flight, wildlife, flying bird, kay brewer, photograph, photography, florida, usa, united states, america, female redbird, flying