Carlingford, Sydney, NSW, Australia
The Sydney suburb of Carlingford. Originally home to the Wallumedegal (sometimes 'Wallumattagai') people, first settled by Europeans in the 1790s.
Known by various names prior to 1883, the area formally became 'Carlingford' on Jul 16 of that year. The name itself is thought to have been either describing similarities to the Irish town, or chosen to honour Lord Carlingford - the British Under-secretary to the Colonies.
This particular building is Carlingford Railway Station. Opened 20 August 1896 as Pennant Hills, renamed Carlingford 1 August 1901.
A60J8906AustraliaCarlingfordNSWSydneypanorailstationScott Andrew Bird, from